Travel Makeup: What I PackedTuesday, September 02, 2014
Hi guys! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend (it was a long one for us here in Malaysia, and I think you guys in the US had a long one as well, right?). I took a little break with a few of my closest friends and headed down to Port Dickson for a little bit of pool-lovin' fun.
Because this was just a quick, overnight getaway, I only wanted to pack a tiny little bag so I wouldn't take up too much boot space. I culled my makeup down to the absolute necessary only, and I thought I'd share it here with you all. Some inspiration for future trips, if you will :)
So here's what I packed:
1. Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-free Makeup - this is one of the best mattifying foundations that I've tried so far. I used my fingers to apply this - the first layer in sweeping motions, and then the second layer, very thinly and only where extra coverage was needed, with patting motions. My skin stayed nice and relatively oil-free, also with the help of this next product...
2. Urban Decay de-slick Mattifying Powder - this is my current favourite setting powder, because it really does help keep oiliness as bay for a decent amount of time. For me, it's usually a good 2-3 hours before I have to touch-up, and with the climate and my skin condition, that's actually quite an achievement. No flashback or funny colouring, so your makeup stays true to colour and stays put on your skin!
3. Make Up For Ever Artist's Brushes (Kabuki Brush) - when you apply powder, you want as thin a layer as possible, but still enough so that you can set your makeup and absorb the oil on your skin. This brush helps with exactly that - an even, thin application. PLUS it's just so soft!
4. K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow Pencil - I was looking for a lighter-coloured eyebrow pencil to match my new hair colour, and wanted in particular something that lasts all day and is waterproof. I was walking around SaSa's brand new store in Sunway Pyramid (yes, they relocated and are in a bigger, prettier store at LG 1.20A) and spotted the K-Palette eyebrow pencil. The colour was quite good and I liked that it was lighter so it could make my smoky eyes darker. It is also long lasting (K-Palette is famous for their 24Hr range of products) and waterproof.
5. Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eyeshadow - I wanted a dark coloured eyeshadow to use in case I needed to go out, but palettes were a little bit too bulky and wouldn't last as long in the humidity. So I brought this cream eyeshadow along, in one of my favourite colours,an eggplant-purple. The formula is beautiful and light and long-lasting.
6. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner - once again I say, this is my favourite eyeliner, and for good reason! This is the longest lasting, most smudge-proof drugstore eyeliner I've ever tried. I love it and highly recommend it!
7. Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector - this is a light-reflective undereye concealer that covers dark circles beautifully. I also used this to conceal little blemishes that I had on my skin throughout the trip. It's got great coverage, though it's not terribly long lasting. It helps that this product is packaged in a pen-like tube, which makes it perfect to pack for on-the-go touch ups.
8. Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravaganza Aqua Lash - one of my favourite mascaras at the moment, because it picks up lashes as well as some of the best Japanese mascaras, and it's waterproof!
9. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush - this is a great water-based blush, and it is waterproof and lasts forever on the skin. Plus, all the colours I've tried so far are extremely flattering on the skin.
10. Shiseido Eyelash Curler - now these curlers curl beautifully, but unfortunately they're not at all the right shape for my eyes. These are quite flat and definitely very suited to most Asian eyes. However, my eyes are quite rounded, it seems, so mine do better with other eyelash curlers.
11. Shiseido Perfect UV Protector SPF50 - ok, I really like this sunscreen. In fact, a lot of my friends like this a lot as well. I took it on vacation with me and when everyone tried it, they kept asking me what brand it was and where I got it. THAT'S how good it is.