I am now three weeks into my Simplicité regime, and I thought it was time to give you guys an update.
My skin went through its monthly hormonal fit last week, which basically means that I got hit with a wave of acne (3-4 spots on each cheek, the forehead, and the chin area, which equals to a whole lot of spots!). Thankfully, I was able to incorporate three brand new products into my regime to combat those spots. I started using the:
Anti-bacterial Serum - this smells like tea tree oil, and is so relaxing. It is really great for stopping 'developing' blemishes dead in their tracks;
Rosemary Blemish Gel - only a thin layer of this is needed on each zit. It heals blemishes really well. My blemishes were gone in 3 days!; and the
Waratah and Beetroot Nutritive Plant Mask - meant to moisturise the skin and calm breakouts and scars. This also smells like a dream and is such an easy mask to apply. I absolutely adore calming and moisturising masks because I feel like they are so beneficial to your skin.
Whilst my spots are still there, I feel like my new Simplicité regime has managed to calm them down a little, so that this time around, they weren't as dark and long-lasting as they were before.
Some things that I don't like about my skin are:
- Uneven skin - perhaps I'm shooting for the stars here, but I really would love to have egg-smooth skin and my skin is just bumpy and uneven
- Uneven skin tone - I had random patches of darker skin on my forehead and along my cheeks
- Raw, sensitive skin around my chin - this was from the use of too many exfoliating products.
- Oily skin - this happens on and off depending on what products I am using. Before starting this regime, my skin was very oily around my T-zone
- Acne scars - these lasted for months on end
- Acne - not big deal for me, because I usually only get small dots that go away pretty quickly, but the scars they leave behind are what annoys me the most
- Dull skin - I just want to scream at myself when I look in the mirror before I apply my foundation
- Large pores - I don't have gigantic pores, but it wouldn't hurt if they looked a little less prominent
Overall, here's where I've noticed improvements:
- Dullness - my skin is a little bit brighter, and I no longer want to break my mirror each morning before I slap on my makeup
- Acne scars - they are actually getting a little lighter, which is great!
- Oily skin - I am writing this after an entire afternoon out and about. My skin is only mildly oily - I don't even need to blot it!
- Rawness - I am glad to report that the raw skin around my chin is completely healed now. Thank goodness.
- Acne - they disappear so much more quickly now, and don't leave a scar anymore. Some blemishes that were in the 'developing stages' ended up disappearing. #WIN
So far I'm very pleased with my results. I am well on my way to healthy, good skin. I should also mention that since I started this regime, once I got over my hormonal breakouts, I haven't had another blemish!
Right now, I have about a little over a week's worth of product left in my trial pack now, so these trial packs do last about a month or so, in case you were wondering.
If, like me, you suffer from adult acne, you may be interested in coming back in a couple of days to read Robin from Simplicité's responses to some questions I will be emailing her. Here are my questions:
- How well do these products help with anti-ageing?
- Are there any other products I can incorporate into this regime that will help me with my anti-ageing concerns without affecting the performance of this anti-acne range?
- If I wanted to incorporate some other serums into my regime, at what point in the regime should I apply them?
I hope you guys found this post helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions that you'd like for me to ask Robin. She also genuinely believes in the brand and truly wants to help people with their skin concerns, so feel free to post your questions in the comments box, or you can email me :)