The story was about Jennifer Aniston's beauty routine. It listed a whole bunch of high-end products, but there was one product in particular that caught my eye. It was affordable, and surprisingly simple. Every night, after applying the rest of her skincare, Jennifer Aniston spreads a teaspoonful of Vaseline underneath her eyes to hydrate the area and reduce wrinkles.
I myself have used Vaseline countless times over the years. I used it for chapped lips and particularly dry areas of skin.
Recently, I have been more drawn to Vaseline's body lotions, mostly because of their attractive prices and the fact that they genuinely work. They aren't too heavy (I hate those thick, overly rich creams because they leave my skin feeling sticky and greasy) and they have just the right amount of scent to them.
But when I read this article, I gladly went back to their basic petroleum jelly and tested it out in a few different ways. The Vaseline PR gave me a helpful list of the various functions you could use Vaseline for, but I'm just going to list my favourites and add a couple that I discovered myself.
- Rub it onto your feet and pop a pair of socks on at night - this gives you soft, moisturised feet come morning
- Gives you that dewy look when applied to the high points of your face - this mimics what the 'subtle' highlighters do, so if you don't have cash to drop, this is the perfect substitute
- Keeps eyebrows in shape - again, this is a cheaper alternative to eyebrow gel. If something cheaper works just as well, I say don't waste the money :)
- Glossy effect for makeup - I love using this to finish up my makeup when I need a glossy finish. I love using this over a long-lasting black cream base to create a really grunge-y looking makeup. It is also beautiful over a shimmery purple eyeshadow. This is my absolute favourite way to use Vaseline. If you are doing a decorative lip that requires glitter, I would recommend applying Vaseline over your lipstick, and then pushing the glitter onto the Vaseline with a lip brush. It gives you the perfect glossy/glittery finish!
Vaseline have been kind enough to sponsor a giveaway of the cult Vaseline petroleum jelly, as well as a selection of their more recent releases. Three winners will be drawn, and each of the winners will receive a prize pack worth $45.95, containing the following Vaseline products:
- Dry Skin Conditioning Lotion 375mL
- Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter
- Petroleum Jelly 100g
- Petroleum Jelly Lip Therapy
- Healthy Hand and Nail
- Total Moisture Aloe Fresh
- Petroleum Jelly Pocket Size
Please note that the image above does not reflect the full prize pack. Refer to the list above for the complete list of products contained within the prize pack.
Here are the terms and conditions of the giveaway:
- You must be aged 18 and above to enter, or obtain parental consent to enter if you are under 18.
- The prizes in this giveaway can only be sent to Australian addresses (sorry, international readers! I will be hosting a giveaway on my YouTube channel soon so stay tuned!)
- This competition will run for about 3 weeks, and will close on the 30th of August at 12AM AEST.
- In order to be eligible to enter, you must do the following:
- 'Like' my Facebook page, subscribe to my YouTube channel, or follow me on Twitter
- Fill in the form below, and tell me your favourite way to use Vaseline petroleum jelly
- For extra entries, you can do the following:
- Tweet the following*: I just entered @EmilyQuak's Vaseline Giveaway! Win 1 of3 prize packs here: http://bit.ly/RuMq3q
- The winners will be drawn via random.org, and will be notified via email. If the winners fail to respond to the email within 24 hours, they forfeit their prize, and I will draw new winners.