When I like a product this much, it always gets me thinking - 'What in the world am I going to do once it runs out/gets spoilt?'
So began my search for a backup brush. I would have purchased another eyebrow brush from Anastasia Beverly Hills, except if you take into account the shipping costs and the availability of the brand here in Australia, you start to lose hope.
I went on a little Korea cosmetics shopping spree a while back, and if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you would have seen the products I bought. And you would have seen this little gem:
Skin Food is a Korean cosmetics company, and is huge in Asian countries. It has numerous outlets all over Malaysia, and is also the producer of my favourite eyeliner brush. So naturally, when I saw this brush, I had to try it. And for the price, why not?!
So here are my thoughts:
Skin Food Eyebrow Brush
- Disperses eyebrow powder beautifully
- Easily available - eBay sellers ship internationally at reasonable shipping rates (usually USD 3)
- Great quality - the brush hairs are well fitted into a tight metal casing and the wooden handle is lacquered
- Long-lasting - not a single hair has shed from this brush
- The very tip of the brush is a little thinner than the Anastasia eyebrow brush, so the finish of the eyebrow can be a little bit too polished (this is fixed by running a spoolie through your eyebrow hairs)
- Very slightly smaller than the Anastasia brush - not necessarily a bad thing but if you have thick/large eyebrows then it might take you a while to finish your eyebrow
Anastasia Beverly Hills Angled Cut Eyebrow Brush
- Disperses the product beautifully
- Great quality (though the coated pink handle is not as pretty as the Skin Food brush handle)
- Brush hairs are placed perfectly so that the dispersion of the product is flawless
- Not easily available outside the select countries in which Anastasia products are sold
- Quite expensive for a tiny eyebrow brush
Overall I'm really pleased to have found such a good dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow brush, and at such a reasonably price, too. If you love a good polished eyebrow or have unruly or light eyebrows that need a good fix, these eyebrow brushes are the perfect solution. Eyebrow pencils are convenient, but generally look a little more unnatural and drawn-on than powders.
I hope this post helped anyone out there looking for a good eyebrow brush! x