Event News: ghd at Oscar Oscar Salon in ChadstoneTuesday, May 22, 2012
I attended a blogger event at the famous Oscar Oscar Salon in Chadstone recently, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Not because of the yummy food, or the amazing company (OK, these did contribute to my experience), but because of the invaluable tips I got from such a short period of time.
Probably the most exciting tip I learned there was how to achieve a salon blowout look with a large straightening tool. Jacky, the amazing stylist at Oscar Oscar, used a ghd Gold Max Styler, pictured below, to give the gorgeous model a perfectly coiffed salon blowout, without actually having to use a blowdryer throughout the styling process!
So the technique that he used was extremely simple. You can use this exact same technique with a smaller hair straightener to achieve perfect, bouncy CURLS. If you're looking for the best hair straighteners, then you need to do your research. You can find out more at www.ghdhair.com.
So now for the technique:
- Wash your hair.
- Spray a volumnising product onto the roots of your hair. Jacky loves to use an Aveda volumniser for this.
- Always remember to use a heat protectant. I have been using the ghd heat protectant spray (mentioned below) and I love it.
- Lightly blow dry your hair. You can blow dry your hair with your head upside down to boost your roots and add volume.
- Section your hair. You want to take about 1 1/2 inch sections for each curl.
- Here's the important part: once you grab the section of your hair in between the plates, rotate your hair straightener 180 degrees, and pull it straight out, away from your head. Running the straightener through your hair at this angle adds volume.
- After all the sections of your hair have been curled, brush your hair out with a large paddle brush.
- Lightly set your style with a styling spray.