Prom Makeup Tips & TricksWednesday, April 27, 2011
Here are a few tips and tricks that you might want to take note of when doing your makeup for prom.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and beauty bloggers, if you guys think of anything else to add to this list, let me know in the comments and I'll add it to the post! :)
- Use long-lasting makeup. A long-lasting foundation, waterproof eyeliner and brow pencils, waterproof mascara.
- Choose a foundation that is right for you! If you have oily skin, don't go for a dewy foundation - try to find a matte foundation with glow, like NARS Sheer Matte or Chanel Mat Lumiere. Also, choose a foundation that matches your skin tone! Don't try to go too dark or too light - it does NOT look natural!
- When doing your lips, fill in your lips with a lip liner that is a similar colour to your lipstick. That way, your lipstick has something to grab onto, and once it does wear down, you won't have to touch up too much because your lip liner will still stay in place.
- Remember to powder your face once you have applied your foundation and concealer! This will set your makeup and help it to last longer.
- Beware of anything that contains light-reflecting pigments. These catch flash photography and reflect badly off your face, making your skin seem too light compared to your body.
- When choosing a style of makeup, bear in mind that what seems trendy now may not be in 20 years (think bright blue eyeshadow all the way up to the brow). Try to choose a more timeless, classy style, so that you won't look at your pictures 20 years down the line and cringe.
- Remember to bring a clutch, and put in it some oil blotting papers, setting powder, concealer, your lipstick/gloss, and a tweezer and glue if you're using false eyelashes.
- If you have difficulty with makeup melting off your face or creasing and fading, try using one of the sprays on the market that help seal your makeup and hold it in place. Some of the sprays currently on the market are Benefit She Laq, Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz